At this time of significant change and challenge, educators remain committed to creating environments where each of their students can learn and grow maximally.
Join Center for Talent Development’s expert staff for a 15-hour, online Boot Camp, designed to provide you with valuable skills and knowledge you can use immediately to improve programming,
courses, and instruction for your advanced and high-ability students.
Advanced learners have educational needs that require educators and administrators to have specialized knowledge and skill sets. Unfortunately, most teacher preparation programs only
offer a limited introduction to gifted education. For those new to gifted education or looking for the latest research and practices, CTD Boot Camp provides the resources classroom teachers and administrators need to identify exceptional academic talent, provide
appropriate instructional support, and help students achieve optimal growth.
Topics covered include the following:
- Inclusive, equitable best practices for working with advanced learners
- Challenging and engaging advanced students online
- Effective identification of abilities and learning needs
- Assessment and growth monitoring
- Acceleration, enrichment, and rigorous curriculum
- Differentiating instruction
- Social-emotional needs and psychosocial skill development
ISBE Professional Development Hours are available. Boot Camp can be supplemented to earn graduate credit through the School of Education and Social Policy's MSEd program.